Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer



Summer arrived today, with temperatures warm enough and sun bright enough to send us scrambling for straw hats and sandals.

We mowed. We trimmed. We weeded. The orchard is finally looking respectable, and the perennial beds around the house got a good, long drink. And then, because Kim's still fighting bronchitis and my joints are still aching, we hauled out the garden furniture and put our feet up with a cool drink and a good book. Feet up: that's not a sight you see very often at Mucky Boots.


Petunia is the Lounging Queen, clever cat. She has a thing or two about setting good priorities to teach us.

4 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello Miriam!!! I'm so glad that with all the work you both do, that you've taken some time to put your feet up and relax!! I know it's hard to because that's not how you are, but it does feel good to every once in awhile, doesn't it?

Paula said...

I'm glad you guys were able to take a load off, especially as you're unwell.

Feel better soon both of you!

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

I've suffered from bronquitis for a long time, when I was young. Finally, it was found (by a great doctor) that my attacks came when I was depressed/sad/tense.

It may sound stupid but the lungs are the first part of our body that "scream", when we are under stress. My mom had pneumonia out of the blue, a week after my dad passed away.


What is bothering Kim? What is making her feel insecure, or scared? Or worried sick? Just a suggestion.

Wish you both all the best. Feet up are a good start.
xxxxx

Miriam said...

What an interesting idea, Negerigeletschtempoit (otherwise known as Miriam, which tickles me pink!). I asked Kim, and she said the only thing worrying her or making her sad is my arthritis. That's funny, because I'm worrying about HER bronchitis! So maybe we have a chicken and egg thing going on here, and if both of us just stopped worrying, we'd both be better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...