Thursday, October 20, 2011

Peeping chickens

Peeping chickens not in a vocal sense, but in a peeking-in-the-window sense. The other day Kim was at the computer, heard a funny tapping noise and looked up to see a whole gaggle of chickens peering in the window of the family room.


Chicken #1: "Bawk-bkaaaaw! So this is where they roost."

Chicken #2: "Hey, they live in a pretty nice place. So what's up with our coop? We don't have TV."

Chicken #1: "No, dummy, we are the TV."

And then yesterday we heard crowing from the living room and opened the (never used) front door to see five cockerels on the front porch looking expectantly at the door, apparently waiting for an invitation to come in for tea.

Okay, we love our chickens, but really. Couldn't they have called first?

11 comments:

Natalie said...

A familiar sight... and funny too!
They do look as though they are making comparisons.

Rae said...

That's too funny. :) Love the pic!

Doc said...

I once put a radio in the hen house thinking they would lay better if they listened to classical music. They refused to go into the house for two days.

Lyssa said...

Back when mine had free-range of the yard, they used to come into the doorway and watch me work.

I got a little tired of the poop on the doorstep, though! It seemed like they would hold it until they got there just for me.

Flartus said...

Obviously you haven't been spending enough quality time with your flock. They miss you.

jeanives said...

love the image of coming for tea...

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Maybe they are just trying to get away from the bear!! :-)

Joleen said...

You make me laugh and I needed a smile today. Thanks!

Paula said...

funny.

backyardfeast said...

This is hilarious! Thanks for the great picture to capture the moment. Ours are certainly curious about us, and follow us up and down the paths and occasionally up our back steps. I'm trying my darndest to keep them off the deck at the back door, though--I'd like ONE poop-free surface outside! :)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I'm smiling at their conversations, I'd say they are hatching a plan ....
~Jo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...