Friday, February 3, 2012

Sleepover


We love having visitors at Mucky Boots, especially ones who bring their own toothbrush. Because we live an hour away from our friends in Victoria, and because that hour's drive involves the notorious Malahat Highway, our guests often feel they need to leave early in to make it back over the Malahat before it gets too dark (at least that's the reason they give us...) So a visit that's also a sleepover is lots of fun because nobody's watching the clock, or watching how many glasses of wine they've had - we're all just enjoying ourselves and each other's company.

Our friend Donna has come for a visit today, and aren't we tickled pink! For all kinds of reasons: Donna is a wonderful friend, has a laugh that fills the room and a heart that's even bigger, and she is a superb musician who always remembers to bring her viola. So this is what I got to listen to as I puttered in the kitchen making supper.

video

Lucky me!

We have a lovely guest room just for these occasions, with the world's second most comfortable bed, a lovely view of the garden, beautiful paintings on the wall. Fluffy towels in the bathroom.



Doesn't it make you want to come to stay?

10 comments:

Shim Farm said...

There's nothing like a bed with a duvet cover, nothing!

You have such a wonderful place - your guest room looks like a peaceful haven.

I have no musical skills, but I do dishes LOL.

Paula said...

Yes.

Paula said...

you forgot to say 'and homemade soap in the bathroom'.

Paula said...

Would it surprise you to know that I used to play the viola?

I especially like it with the banjo. That was really nice.

Holly House said...

Don't tempt me!

Charade said...

Since I have the most comfortable bed in the world, I wonder what you're sleeping on. Hey, if you invite me to that gorgeous space, I'll bring extra toothbrushes to leave for the next person who forgets theirs. Deal?

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Oh, yes, please.
Yes!
I was about to ask: how do I make reservations?
And the music in the kitchen?! I know this gift... Suki and Eli play ukulele, banjolele, mandolin, and banjo, between them. The concert you shared with us is beautiful... truly.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Oh my god! That room looks so inviting and comfy! LOVE the blue on the walls. I think blue should always be in bedrooms... calming and all that good stuff....

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

You really filled my head, and heart, with your musical post. I am so glad you posted the video, too.
I had to share it: http://www.chickenblog.com/2012/02/sunday-light.html

Lyssa said...

Hmm...I don't play any instruments yet, but I have been known to sing. Plus, I bring limoncello wherever I go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...