Friday, November 11, 2011

Goodbye sun



Usually we're knee-deep in puddles and mud by this time of year, but for some reason the weather has been really lovely: lots of bright sunshine which has more than made up for the colder than normal temperatures.


But today I looked at the weather forecast online and this is what I saw.

Saturday: rain.
Sunday: rain.
Tuesday: rain.
Wednesday: rain.
Thursday . . . Thursday . . .

I can't even bear to write it.

Snow.

Can you hear me shrieking from where you are?

7 comments:

jeanives said...

joined by my shriek here!

Paula said...

Wow!

This winter is going to be weird, I think.

Stay warm!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I had that same reaction when we got snow in October--It's a chorus of disappointment that I hope Mother Nature takes note of!!!

Flartus said...

Ugh...I read another post earlier this morning w/photos of a snow-covered landscape. Then looked out the window to a sunny fall day and felt really pleased to live where I do! So Miss Rosie got a nice, long walk today.

So...what did you do to take advantage of your "last" sunny day??

Holly House said...

In the Chicago area we're supposed to get nearly double the normal average snowfall...makes we wish we'd managed to get a wood stove this year!

Stay warm up there!

Shim Farm said...

We've had the most beautiful fall. A few days of frost, gorgeous bright days and not a snowflake in sight, a rare occurrence for Quebec! It can stay like this all winter as far as I'm concerned. We'll see what La NiƱa has in store for us though...

Lyssa said...

It's clear here for a week, then the rains begin again...I have to finish painting the front of the house quick!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...