Sunday, June 20, 2010

We are big chicks...


... and we have wings - and even the start of some tail feathers!


Now that our chicks are a fast-growing reality, instead of just a plan, we have had to hurry up and finish the repairs to the chicken coop - those little fuzzballs are going to outgrow their plastic crates pretty darn quick, and the coop needs to be ready. So we have been unloading all the garden furniture we stored there over the winter, and finding new homes for the other odds and sods we have housed temporarily in the coop. This week we'll scrub out the coop and whitewash it inside.

And remember the new gate Kim built back in March?


Since then Kim built the new gate for the orchard, and another one for our neighbour, and now the chicken gate just doesn't look so good anymore: earnest, sincere and solid, but lacking a touch of whimsy. So while I was weed-whacking out the chicken yard, Kim got busy building, and here's the new gate. Much better!


4 comments:

The Words Crafter said...

I love the little chickies!!! My brother and his wife have a whole collection, and they're so tame! I absolutely love the new gate, just WOW!

Paula said...

I bet you guys could sell those gates...I agree that it's much better than before. I'll have to keep it in mind when I go to build a coop some time in the future.

From the Kitchen said...

I just found you on another blog, decided to stop by and find that you are living our life!! Well, the life we'd love. How wonderful. Gorgeous little chicks and what a cute pup! Your photography is just gorgeous!

Please stop by for a visit. I'd love to have you.

Best,
Bonnie

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I am continuing to enjoy your posts about your chicks--They certainly are quickly growing up!!

Kim is so creative and talented and I wish we shared that in common rather than just our names--I really love the gate!! :-))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...