Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!















Remember the post about appreciating the winter-visible bones of the garden? Here are more bones: a curly hazel, to be exact. How gorgeous is this? With all those crazy corkscrew curls I can see why they call it a "witch" hazel, although I'd rather think of it as pre-Raphaelite.

Kim and I returned from our Christmas trip to Toronto happy to be back home, back where it's quiet and green and calm. The family room floor was waiting for us, so we spent the last three days installing the floor and painting and installing the baseboard. Given Kim's bad knees it was me who did most of the installing of the floor, which was sort of fun although it left me feeling like I'd had an 8-hour session with a Thigh Master machine.







1 comment:

jeanives said...

You just coulnd't wait! I thought we were helping with the floor...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...