Saturday, December 24, 2011

Joy



After a run of bright, sunny and cold days, it looks like we're in for a warmer, foggy, wet Christmas. Which could just about match my mood (I am once again prevented from participating in a family Christmas by my don't-you-dare-get-on-a-plane-sinuses) were it not for my sweetie, who is full of enough Christmas spirit for the both of us. Thanks to Kim, we have fairy lights twinkling on the verandah, a beautifully decorated Christmas tree in the living room, and bouquets and garlands of salal, holly and cedar adorning the entire house - not to mention a turkey in the fridge waiting to go into its brine bath sometime today.

If I could name only one gift Kim gives me year round (and there are so many) it would be the gift of joy - her easy laughter and joyful heart blow clean, fresh, cedar-scented air through the thickest fog of sadness or worry. She finds the humour in any situation, can cheer up the glummest person with her funny voices and chicken imitations, and has magically turned what could have been a lonely Christmas into a magically special time for two.

Who needs a better gift than that?

Happy Holidays, everyone. I wish you joy in your hearts every day of the year.

5 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've been a fan of your blog since I stumbled on it 2+ years ago. I've been inspired by your kindness, humor, energy and optimism in all that you do--I've also become a fan of Kim's ingenuity, creativity and style that she adds to your projects and life! Knowing that she's making your Christmas a bit brighter, makes me a bigger fan!!

Merry★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★Christmas Miriam & Kim★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門| ˚From Golden Pines!

Natalie said...

Lovely. I am sorry you are missing a trip, but Kim sounds like she knows how to make everything better. Merry Christmas, dear friends. I am so happy to *know* you both.
Also... isn't Kim at Golden Pines' graphic adorable and clever!? I love it.

jeanives said...

I'm sorry it's happened again; we were wondering, and we so loved having you with us last year. Making your own quiet Christmas may turn out to be the best one yet. Love you both tons.

Toni aka irishlas said...

Sending you some Christmas cheer not only for today, but may it last throughout the year!

Happy Christmas to both of you!

Flartus said...

Isn't it amazing to look at your loved ones and see everything that makes you love them, still strong and fresh? I hope you did have a happy, laughter-filled Christmas. And that you were able to breathe a little...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...