Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tofino





Did you miss me? I've been enjoying a wonderful week with my sister, who was visiting from Toronto. We went thrift store shopping, played with the chickens, planted potatoes, went to an auction, cooked and ate and talked and talked and talked. And we went to Tofino overnight, so she could get an ocean fix.

Since it was a special visit we spent a night at the Wickaninnish Inn. This was the view from our window. 


The Inn is on Chesterman Beach, which wasn't busy midweek, so there was lots of room for walking and thinking and listening to the surf.


And now my sister is back at home with her family and things seem awfully quiet here at Mucky Boots. Come back soon!

9 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

This gives me a contented, happy smile for the pleasures you enjoyed, visiting with your sister.
And what beautiful sights... thank you for sharing them!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Wow!! When I come and see you, will you take me there too? :-)

Doc said...

So good to get away but good to be home. Welcome back glad you had a nice visit with your sister.

Alison said...

omg, you've got me considering setting aside Portland and Seattle to go spend a week at Tofino instead. Old growth forest, kayaking, high-end dining, ocean views...hell, after the recent vote in NC, I might just consider applying for citizenship!

Anyway, glad you had good reason for being absent. I was thinking of you last night, as I tried to lift and shove my coreopsis up off the sidewalk they were now blocking completely--I believe you described them as "sturdy?" Hmph. Mine are lazy!

Joleen said...

So beautiful! I bet it was hard to leave even though it was good to get home.

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

Shit yeah, we missed you!

And that website for the inn is SO well done. What an awesome place. I have always wanted to go and work at a joint like that, just to live and enjoy that kind of scenery (and still make money.)

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

And Allison up above me? Come to the northwest, darling, we are so liberal it'll make your hair curl. And we have killer scenery. People visit and they never leave - it's that good!

jeanives said...

How do you spell coincidence? We are in Ucluelet with Jim's sister and b-i-l. It isn't Wicki, but it's a pretty darned nice 2 bed/2 bath suite on the harbour; Water's Edge.

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

Sounds like you had a great time! is always nice to get away for a bit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...