Tuesday, March 6, 2012

That's why they call 'em snowdrops



Monday, 6:00 p.m. Kim comes in from putting the chickens to bed after a beautiful sunny day that saw us working outside in our shirtsleeves.

Monday, 6:30 p.m. We leave the house for our choir/orchestra rehearsal only to find an inch of wet snow on the ground and more falling so thickly we have trouble seeing the road as we drive.

I think it was those fleeting thoughts I had as I edged the raspberry beds that afternoon, that maybe, just maybe, spring had finally arrived. I should know better than to tempt the Weather Goddess that way.


This morning the sun is shining again and the snow is melting as fast as it came. That's spring in the Cowichan Valley for you.

4 comments:

Flartus said...

Fickle is her middle name. :-)

Christian said...

As soon as a drop of water hits a windshield here in L.A. people start smashing into one another. If it every snowed, the city would have to be shut down.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I love Snowdrops, I must put them on my want-list of new plants this year, yours are just so lovely.
It's nice to see the milder weather in the American South, but I would trade it for yours when the dog-days of Summer hit :)
~Jo

Shim Farm said...

Beautiful...I am so jealous! It was -18C yesterday morning, and today it actually went up to +12. Just walking around in a light jacket tonight felt so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...