Saturday, May 1, 2010

Apple blossom heaven



Our orchard is full of young sprigs of trees: Asian pear, cherry, pear, plum, peach, apricot. But anchoring the fruity family are three venerable apple trees. The crab apple and the Cox Orange Pippin are looking pretty fine these days - leafy and blossomy and bursting with spring. But the Pink Lady is in another category altogether - that tree is nothing short of magnificent. It's stately, and shapely, and absolutely loaded with creamy pink blossoms. Today Kim and I were finishing the deer fencing around the orchard (Kim working one-armed to save her sore elbow) and I had to keep putting my tools down to take yet another picture of that amazing tree. Here are just a few of the pictures I took today.



3 comments:

Paula said...

Very pretty! My favorite pic is the last.

jeanives said...

And the Pink Lady produces very delicious fruit as I recall. Photos 1 and 3 have "painting" written all over them now that I will only be doing stuff I like instead of what galleries want!

Toni aka irishlas said...

Beautiful blossoms! I think tree and fruit tree blossoms are just as beautiful as any flower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...