Friday, September 24, 2010

Birthday


This is Frankie singing along with a musical birthday card featuring a barking-dog version of "Happy Birthday." Whose birthday? Mine!

I had a lovely day, beginning with breakfast in bed prepared by my sweetie, with lots of lounging and book reading, after which we put the first coat of paint on the walls in the dining room (yes, that was my idea of a fun thing to do on my birthday), then a tasty lunch, then a lazy afternoon with a perfect snooze, then a drive along winding seaside roads to the cafe at the Genoa Bay Marina, for supper.


(Photos from here)

The entire day was punctuated by phone calls from family and friends, which made me feel so loved - I always think nobody will remember it's my birthday, and everyone always does. Some days I think I must be the most fortunate person in the world. Tomorrow will be a regular day, with rain and weeds and chores and paint spatters to clean up, but today - lucky me.

8 comments:

Paula said...

Well Happy Birthday Miriam! I'm glad you had a special day on your special day!

Paula said...

Okay, I've caught up on my blog reading and refreshed my dashboard and your birthday post came back on top, and now I've got that Beatles song 'Birthday' stuck in my head...nah-nah nah-nah nah nah, Nah NAH- Birth-day!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Add me to the list of those who wish you a Happy (belated) Birthday!! I'm glad your day was filled with fun and phone calls from friends and family!! I also really hope it included cake too!! :-)

Toni aka irishlas said...

Happy Birthday to you!!
Sounds like you had a lovely day!

Flartus said...

Here's to celebrating your birthday in whatever way you wish! Glad it was a good one!

Natalie said...

I cannot be too late... well, even though this is a *regular day*, I say we should extend the specialness of it, and You, and continue celebrating your birthday.
Happy Birthday!

The Witch said...

Happy Birthday!
Sounds like you did have a perfect day.
Hope you also had lots of cake.

Doc said...

Happy Birthday, so glad you had a good one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...