Sunday, December 26, 2010

Walk in the woods



Kim and I have been making the best of this strange Christmas we're having, with the unexpected cancellation of our trip to Toronto to see my family. But even though some parts of this holiday aren't what we had planned, other parts could have been predicted - like the eating too much chocolate part. So yesterday, after opening our gifts and paying a Christmas visit to the chickens in the orchard, we put on our walking boots and headed for the path by the river.

I think all our neighbours must still have been snuggled by the fire at home because we didn't run into anyone on our walk. So it felt quite otherwordly: quiet, misty, mossy and a tiny bit spooky because of the fresh bear-prints-in-the-snow Kim encountered on her last walk here.

No bears this time, thank goodness.




5 comments:

jeanives said...

You should do a picture book for yourselves; your photographs are stunning. www.blurb.com is the site I used for ours.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm glad your Christmas was an enjoyable one, and I hope you're feeling better!! I agree that on days like you had, it's always nice to get out for some fresh air--Minus the bears of course!!!

Natalie said...

Oh, my goodness... it is another world, and a beauty! When expecting the unexpected, you must feel grateful... this looks like a lovely holiday.

Flartus said...

Beautiful images of the misty, mossy otherworld! A Christmas stroll sounds like a lovely way to celebrate a quiet holiday together.

Paula said...

Happy Christmas and I hope you're feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...