Sunday, December 30, 2012

Miniature garden


It rains a lot here on Vancouver Island. Less than it does on the lower mainland (Vancouver, in other words), but during the late fall and winter a day with some sunshine is something to be celebrated.

Needless to say this can get a little depressing, but every once in a while I am reminded of the gifts a climate like ours can bring. Like this miniature moss garden, on the wooden disk at the top of a set of wind chimes. (Click on the photo to get a closer look.) Beautiful and perfect and miniature. Worth a little rain.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

How very pretty! We have lichen & moss in the woods and I've tried bringing some of it up to the house, but they never live, just dry up. Oh well.

Stephanie said...

Very pretty shot! Yes I do appreciate when the sun does finally come out.

Lyssa said...

That is so lovely! I like seeing bright sunlight down where we are, but I do miss all the shades of green you get with more rain.

Shim Farm said...

Beautiful! And Happy New Year!

I'd say it's worth the rain!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...