Friday, May 10, 2013

Clean


You would be excused if right now you're wondering whether we took the glass out of our kitchen window, it's so see-through.

No, it's there. But it's clean. So clean you can hardly see it. Last week we had our windows washed - all of them, inside and out - for the first time since we moved here. And lest you think we're complete slobs, we have done spot cleaning. The French doors onto the verandah, for example, that are normally covered in Frankie's nose prints. But most of the windows, and all the skylights, require ladders - big, tall ladders - for cleaning, and somehow that has just never been a priority.

What makes it even better is that it was a gift from my mom, whose speciality is the kind of slightly self-indulgent present on which the recipient would have a hard time spending money, but that is an instant quality of life enhancer.

A nice day spent watching someone else wrestle with ladders and buckets and sloping roofs. And now sunshine coming through sparkly windows and all the beauty of the garden on display. That's some present. Thanks, Mom!

4 comments:

jeanives said...

Yay Mom!

Stephanie said...

Great gift!

Shim Farm said...

Oh clean windows, I love thee so...

I understand your rapture. It's perfectly normal (I think?)

Your mom deserves hugs and kisses.

Paula said...

I could use a window washing crew here as well. There's a big smudge on one of the sliding glass doors where I tried to wrestle it open with my sunscreen-slathered forearm because my hands were full. Come to think of it, I could use a cleaning crew the whole house over; housework is something I'll happily defer until I just can't stand it anymore.

What a swell and thoughtful gift!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...