Thursday, October 21, 2010

Shining



Today the sun is shining. We're trying really hard to enjoy it because tomorrow the forecast is for rain. And the day after that. And the day after that. Today may be the last unequivocally sunny day of the season.

It reminds me of a song I used to sing to myself a long, long time ago:

Oh, the sky is blue.
And the sun is shining.
And the grass is green.
And I'm happy.

Okay, I wasn't much of a lyricist when I was young, but I think maybe I was on to something.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I want to pull these lyrics out some day... I'll be looking for a blue sky, and I will mark the occasion with your song.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I think it's catchy and right to the point!! I also like your 'camp song' for Hector--I spent lots of years at camp and remember it well!!

Paula said...

It's a great lyric- set to the right music it would be just fine.

Today was our last day of sunshine, too, and boy did I bust hump today!

I have to go help Steve bottle beer (yawn!) in a few minutes, so I'm drinking my liniment.

Toni aka irishlas said...

Enjoy your sunny day!
And, fair play for your little tune! Such a positive lilt!

Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...