Thursday, October 7, 2010

Zzzzzzz

A day without a nap is like a cupcake without frosting. ~Terri Guillemets

Sure, the leaves are turning colour and falling, and the air is crisp and smells like woodsmoke, but here's another sure sign that autumn has arrived: the daily nap count here at Mucky Boots has about quadrupled.

Cat naps, dog naps, people naps. There's something about the time of year that encourages mid-day snoozes around here. It can't be that we're all short of sleep. After all, the sun is rising later and so are we, and our bedtime is coming earlier. And it's not like we don't have better things to do - there are chicken projects to be completed, a house that's only half renovated, and a garden that is crying out for its fall cleanup. But there's something about an autumn afternoon that is luring us all into dreamland.

Petunia the wild summer huntress has turned into a kitty princess who won't get her feet wet, and can be found napping on just about any soft surface in the house.


William has stopped sleeping under a bush and now snoozes for most of the day on the rocker on the verandah.


Frankie waits until he thinks we're not looking and chooses the bed as the perfect location for his siestas.



Me - well, I like the couch, cocooned in my new impossibly soft blanket.

There's nothing in the world like a really good snooze.

9 comments:

jeanives said...

Oh Yeah!!!

Natalie said...

Gracious. I should have saved this read for later in the day. I am inspired... too much! Too soon... *yawn*

Doc said...

What a marvelous idea....yawn...oh wait, I'm at the office...dang!

Toni aka irishlas said...

Now I'm ready for a little snooze!

I like how Frankie's tongue is hanging out - ah, the life of a dog.

Wonky Girl said...

We dognap and catnap at our place too. Yes, once in a while the poodles get to sleep on our bed, Zoey all the time (she is a princess!). LOL
Really enjoy your blog :)

Chambray Blue said...

Oh my, you guys are making me tired! And what beauties you are!!

Paula said...

Oh man! What I wouldn't give for a nap! I'm cleaning in preparation for a week's visit from my mother and older sister and had to take an antihistamine from all the dust.

Well, I guess I'd better go look for work (which is what I'm supposed to be doing and get back at my chores...stove and hood are next...yuck!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I have always loved to nap and can take one just about anywhere at anytime, just give me a comfy place!

(Thank-you for your kind comment about Old Sam!)

UnexpectedFarmer said...

Oh I agree a nap is perfect every day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...