Sunday, November 7, 2010

The last of the fall


It looks like the glorious, crisp sunny days we enjoyed at the start of the month are on their way out, replaced by the rain that will be with us through most of the winter. So before the the fall colour is gone for good - or at least until next year - here is some of the beauty still to be found.


There's something about the colours of decay that fascinate me, whether it's corroding factory pipes or crumbling plaster walls or the plants in my garden. I think these mottled, decomposing leaves are even more beautiful than their fresh, spring-green incarnations.




3 comments:

Paula said...

we are having some kind of beautiful fall down here as well, although the rain seems to be not so much in earnest.

to your cabeer verification on my blog, mine for your blog is 'elytoph', which sounds, appropriately, like an organism of the decaying world, doncha think?

jeanives said...

Your photographs are always beautiful not matter what the subject. These are stunning.

Miriam said...

Jean, you are so kind! I love taking pictures, with my little digital point and shoot with the one setting. I keep thinking I should learn how to use Kim's digital SLR, and learn to use the Photoshop software I bought but haven't done anything with, but somehow neither of those things has happened yet...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...