Friday, November 26, 2010

Melt



We've had a week of not weather, but Weather. Snow. More snow. Freezing temperatures. Still more snow. Even colder temperatures. Okay, we're wimps, but still - it has been an interesting week.

Overnight the snow turned to rain and today it's about 5C, which means the melt is on. Sitting inside drinking tea, I was puzzled by the loud, muffled whumps coming from outside, until I realized the trees were all shedding their heavy, wet snow burdens. I could feel their relief. And when I went out to the porch to have a closer look, the sun coming through the trees dazzled my eyes. I felt like a bat, or a vampire. That's what happens when you spend a winter on Vancouver Island - you forget what the sun looks like...

4 comments:

Toni aka irishlas said...

What a lovely photo!

We're still having normal temps so far, but, I feel that is soon to change.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello Miriam!! Life has gotten in the way of my blog visits, and I've had the most delightful time catching up on your posts! The Juncos have shown up here too, but thankfully no snow yet, but it'll be here soon enough--The winds of change are blowing this evening...burrr....I hope you have an enjoyable weekend!! :-)

Paula said...

Your melt is MUCH prettier than ours, but I think it's because your bones are purtier. Either that, or you are some great photographer.

Probably both. Happy Christmas Season!

Flartus said...

Snow, I can handle--it's an adventure! Gray skies, however, are what drove me south. As a matter of fact, the sun is finally dawning clear today, after two days of clouds and rain.

Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...