Saturday, January 8, 2011

Railing


Kim and I never seem to have just one project on the go at a time. Currently we're trying to make the last tile and fixture decisions for our bathroom renovation (tear-out starts in five weeks), we're still installing baseboard and trim in a bunch of different rooms in the house, and we're determined to get the powder room finished before our next house guests arrive in February. Oh, and I'm painting the railing of the staircase up to the top floor.

Forty-eight spindles and five posts. Three coats of paint. Enough said.

Petunia-Tooter-TunaHead-TooterMuffin is my Quality Control Advisor. So far, so good.

7 comments:

Flartus said...

Bon courage. Glad TooterMuffinTunaHead is there to help. :)

jeanives said...

Whoa, that's a big one and not for the faint hearted, which of course you aren't. I'm imagining cat hairs in the paint!

Negerigeletschtempoit said...

It is always good to have Helpers/QC Advisors of the fur kind, isn't it? They think what we do is interesting.

Thank you for your visit. I've been "snooping" around here for a while already and enjoy each visit I make.

Oh, by the way... Pickles Elaine said "hello". Then Candy Sue asked "whaaaat?", and Hugo Boy replied "girl stuff!".

Paula said...

Oh Miriam...better you than me on those spindles. Yikes! I'll bet you'll be glad when they're all done. And I don't envy you your decisions that need making, although I made them for this house a LOT faster than on the last house. You think that deciding on this stuff would be fun until you have to make them for a bunch of rooms, and the next thing you know, you're overwhelmed, and then suddenly you don't care anymore, you just want to get it done.

Good luck!

Toni aka irishlas said...

Furry supervisors are the best!

Well, we're like you two, constantly doing something. We're off in the morning to pick up flooring to replace the nasty carpet in the lower level. Laying the floor (wood laminate) is easy. It's moving all the furniture out of the room and back again that's the pain in the **s.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm a little scared looking at Petunia's eyes, so you'd better get that railing done or get her some really good tuna!! :-)))

sissyjane said...

I do not like that kind of finicky painting! In fact anymore, I let someone else do the painting. It just isn't worth the neck pain...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...